This is an exciting time of year. My kids off to the first day of school & I'm focusing my attention toward the BSM's first day back on campus. From new teachers to new pencils and new tennis shoes... it's a new year and a new start. It's the time of year that I get to watch the seeds of ministry that were planted back in May begin to poke their tiny little heads up out of the ground. Seeds that have been watered by YOUR faithful prayers and the planning / preparation of our staff, many volunteers, partners in ministry, and our Student Life Office. All of it means that the FALL is just about to start!
A few signs of new seedlings:
1) confirmation phone calls, emails, and texts for lunches and Welcome Week.
2) pictures from partners in ministry as they help prepare for the FALL. (Pictured: a ministry partner pick up 600 snacks and cookie for backpack treats).
3) our 1,000 new business cards to give out during the first few weeks of class have arrived.
4) incoming students already inquiring about BSM this Fall.
5) BSM T-shirts we delivered yesterday! (We use these as a walking advertisements & personal invitations on our current / active students).
6) prep meetings with student leaders & staff.
7) new promo display for student organization fairs.
8) new invitation sign to be used outside the room/door of BSM FREE LUNCH (came about due to a conversation with a student after the last lunch last Spring).
This year we want to walk with students as they "Take the first step or next step on their faith journey." Please pray that Yahweh uses the plans and preparation of our staff, our volunteers, & our student leaders to make the BEST NEW of ALL - an experience with the God that makes ALL THINGS NEW.
is a Texas Baptist Missionary, raising 100% of her salary to serve on the college campuses in Montgomery County, Texas. She holds a Master of Divinity & has been in college ministry since 1996.