Why am I "reflecting" @ the BEGINNING of the FALL? Well, after the past week I'm curious what God might be up to as we begin our fifth semester @ Lonestar Montgomery. As of today:
1) BSM had an amazing Kickoff that allowed us to connect with 300-400 students.
2) Over 10% of the students we met @ our Kickoff chose to sign up for our weekly reminders & express interest in begin part of BSM weekly.
3) We have wonderful local local friends & churches who partner with us to make our special events & weekly lunches possible.
4) We have an incredible relationship with LSCM Student Life.
5) We have some GREAT student leaders (leading an Explore God Group) this semester!
6) We have wonderful volunteers - both on & off campus who make BSM possible.
7) UGGG! We were assigned our second choice for a room this semester. Here's that story & maybe why...
The past 3 semesters we've been in Building G. This past April, I requested a classroom in Building G again for this Fall. Building G is the "General" building on campus with a lot of foot traffic & a majority of the typical "freshman" courses. On Monday, I was told that all the classroom space (which hold up to 40 students) was completely full this Fall during our FREE LUNCH & that we've been assigned to Building B, Room 102. So I spent some of Monday evening complaining to my husband about Building B. Two years ago, our first semester @ LSCM, we used B-102. Not a bad room as Building B (the sciences building) it runs along the major sidewalk on campus. So it's not a terrible spot on campus to be. Actually it's easier to access than the 2nd floor classrooms in G we used last 3 semesters. Oh, did I mention that B-102 is a theater, which holds 75-80 students?!
During our Kickoff Event Tuesday, I found myself hoping that all 300-400 students did NOT come back next week for FREE LUNCH - we won't have room (especially in a classroom) nor enough food... that's when it hit me that we would be in B-102. Maybe God knew what he was doing after all... praying we pack B-102!
HE's in charge & I'm just along for the ride. Thank you for your continued prayers & support.
is a Texas Baptist Missionary, raising 100% of her salary to serve on the college campuses in Montgomery County, Texas. This blog is an effort to keep you posted with what's happening on campus monthly. Please consider becoming one of Tamara's financial partners (of course it's tax deductible).